Narval CC™ - The First MRD of Its KindGLO Homepage
Narval™ CC - The First MRD of Its Kind
|Features & Benefits
• Creates less stress on the TMJ and allows for more flexible lateral
movements - Narval CC keeps the mandible in a forward position in a
comfortable way by retaining it rather than pushing it.
• Allows dentists to provide an accurate customized solution
• Allows for natural and free movement - Patented physiological
• Minimizes the tissue irritation, overloading of the dentition, or
• Maximizes mechanical properties and allows for comfortable
Narval™ CC - Technology (2:45)
Narval™ CC - Dental Protocol (4:05)
|Narval CC Indications/Contraindications
Narval CC is contraindicated in patients who have:
• Central sleep apnea
• Severe respiratory disorder
• Loose teeth or advanced periodontal disease
• Are less than 18 years of age
• A completely edentulous lower arch
• Complete removable dentures
• Missing lower posterior molars on one or both sides of the mandible
• Maximum mandibular advancement of less than 5mm
• Short teeth, insufficient teeth per arch and quadrant (e.g. -4 minimum
per quadrant), insufficient undercuts to retain the device
Additional conditions should be considered including history of asthma,
breathing, or respiratory disorders, or other relevant health problems.
|Lab Requirements Overview
Note: Please download Narval CC Rx for complete information.
• Dental Requirements for proper retention are 6 maxillary and
6 mandibular posterior teeth
Blue shaded teeth = Standard*
Gray shaded teeth = Optional*
*Note: The dentition shown in blue indicates the ideal dentition
within the minimum requirements for 6 maxillary and 6 mandibular
teeth. If this is compromised for your patients, the teeth indicated
in gray also may be used. Please contact Great Lakes to discuss
your particular case details.
• Upper and lower models poured in colored Die Stone
• Full arch models-no horseshoe. ½” model bases. Visible anatomy
must show 5 mm extension beyond all gingival margins buccal,
lingual, and distal.
• 2 mm vertical incisal clearance and 50% of full mandibular protrusion.
Narval CC Dental Practitioner Guide
Narval CC Fact Sheet
Narval CC Patient Brochure
Narval CC Reimbursement Fast Facts
Click to Play Narval CC - Technology Video
Click to Play Narval CC - Dental Protocol Video
Narval CC RX
Get Started Now!
Contact Sleep Specialist
Email: [email protected]
Note: Narval CC can only be sold by Great Lakes to doctors in the
|¹ Vecchierini M et al. Efficacy and compliance of mandibular repositioning device in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
under a patient-driven protocol of care. Sleep Med 2008;9(7):762-769.
² Dookun, R. 18 month assessment of 54 patients referred for treatment of anti-social snoring (AHI ≤30/hr) with a custom
Mandibular Repositioning Device (MRD).
³ Geraards et al. (2010) First intention management of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) by custom-made
mandibular advancement device: the medium-term results. Prospective study by the General Hospital Pneumologists
College (CPHG). Rev Pneumol Clin 2010;66(5):284-292
*Photos ©ResMed 2012. Used with permission.