View/download complete document:
|To provide you with the highest standards of quality and service, we ask
that you follow our appliance fabrication requirements. Please feel free to
call Laboratory Customer Service at 800.828.7626 (U.S. & Canada) or 716.871.1161(Worldwide) Monday - Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. (EST), or email us for further technical assistance.
|View/download fabrication guidelines by individual
|Elastodontics and Positioners
(Twin Block, Herbst®, Bionator/Orthopedic Correctors, Activator,
Function Regulator - Fränkel)
Retainer and Aligners
(Retainer & Active Plate, Spring Aligner, Inman Aligner, Invisible Aligner)
Sleep Apnea Appliances
(Herbst® Sleep, Klearway, NAPA, Elastomeric)
(Digital Occlusal Splint, Standard Occlusal Splint)
Important to every case…
|Prescriptions:||Please provide a complete and signed Rx with every case. Click here to access Rx forms and shipping labels.
|Impressions:||• Accurate impressions with any type of impression material are acceptable.
• Impressions must adequately reflect all relevant anatomy.
• Impression material must not be separating from the impression tray.
• Consider pouring your models right away if your impressions are
moisture, temperature, or time sensitive.
• Impressions sensitive to moisture content should be wrapped in a damp
paper towel and placed in a sealed plastic bag if models are not poured
• Only metal impression trays and those with PVS impression material will be
|Models:||• Plaster or stone models are acceptable. Generally, the durability of stone
• Models should be reasonably trimmed, yet sufficiently thick for strength
• No horseshoe-shaped models; Models should have a base of at least 7mm
in the thinnest area.
• Bases will be added as necessary (for an additional fee) to models without
bases or those lacking adequate base thickness or strength.
• Please indicate if your model must be duplicated as work models may get
damaged during the appliance fabrication process.
|Bite Records:||• Please package bite registrations carefully.
• Bite records must not be left between models for shipment to the lab.
• Dedicated packaging should be considered for brittle materials such as
• Please identify the nature and the intent of each bite record, if more than
one is being supplied.
• Please consider mounting the maxillary model, before sending it to the
lab, for those cases requiring mounting. Sending items such as facebows,
bite forks, and mounting jigs through the mail often results in unreliable
|Articulators:||We use the following articulators and their accessories in our laboratory:
♦ SAM® 1, SAM® 2, SAM® 3
♦ Stratos 200
Please consider that fully mounted models may not transfer
perfectly from your articulator to the one in the lab.
|Materials and Components:||• (*) Biocryl resin: cold cure acrylic - MMA (methyl methacrylate)
• Clear Biocryl: thermo formable PETG (polyethylene terephthalate glycol)
• Colored/Patterned Biocryl: thermo formable PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
• Splint Biocryl: thermo formable PETG
• Triad® (Visible light cure)
• Mouthguard material: thermo formable EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate)
• (*) Duraloy: cobalt/chromium alloy
• (*) Stainless steel: chromium/nickel alloy
• (*) NiTi: Nickel titanium alloy
• TMA: titanium/molybdenum alloy
• Menzanium: nickel-free stainless alloy
• (*) Silver solder
| (*) Material is potentially allergy causing in sensitive patients.
*Herbst is a registered trademark of Dentaurum, Inc.